82% of companies agree that social is a vital channel for delivering exceptional customer experiences. But only 58% percent of companies have a defined strategy for integrating social into their existing customer experience (CX) programs.
This report, produced by London Research for Hootsuite, reveals how enterprise organisations are using social in their CX strategies and how business leaders can use social media to build exceptional and differentiated customer experiences.
The research is based on a survey of more than 300 executives at companies with more than 1,000 employees. It looks at how companies are engaging with prospects and customers at different stages of the customer journey, and which business functions are using social channels.
The study also includes comparisons between B2B and B2C, and between North America and Europe.
Recommendations covered in the report include the following:
1. Map the entire social journey of your customers to build understanding
2. Secure early wins with social data and customer intelligence
3. Expand your social strategies beyond brand awareness
4. Look beyond superficial and misleading surface metrics
5. Focus on training, culture and collaboration to empower employees into the power of social.